PDA

View Full Version : Origins of Transexuality

BlaqOrpheus
09-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Understanding the origins of a phenomena, like transexuality, can be useful. Not only because it's fascinating to understand things in general but because it confers a normalcy to the idea. Of course, the audience of this forum does not need to be convinced that transexuality is normal, but a lot of the general public does, and so the understanding helps to frame the discussion.

Question: What do you think are the origins and causes of transexuality ?

Ana Mancini
09-01-2011, 02:43 PM
For me, The cause was simply being born in the wrong body. I have written about it many times. I knew from a very young age that something was not right.

Ana Mancini

Caribbean Queen
09-01-2011, 03:25 PM
there are 2 ways to look at your statement:
1. the origins of transsexualism in history: what were the first manifestations of transsexualism in history, and who was the first full blown transgender?
2. the origins of the desire in a person's life: in this case we'd be discussing the inner reasons that makes someone want to become someone of the other gender. For me, I think I always had feminine tendencies, but then a cousin of mine "touched" me when I was 10 years old, and that instead of being a negative experience, opened my eyes to an alternative lifestyle. I think that day changed me forever and made my feminine persona blossom